Volunteers are the heart of our Parent to Parent mission! In the spirit of peer to peer support, Parent to Parent USA is seeking volunteers to support our national efforts to ensure our strategic goals of Expansion, Outreach, Innovation and Sustainability to best serve ALL families of individuals with disabilities and special health care needs.
If you are interested in serving on a committee, please complete this sign-up form and we will make every effort to honor your request.
Communication & Outreach Task Force
The Communication & Outreach Task Force ensures that Parent to Parent USA’s mission and work are communicated clearly to its partners and the broader community.
- Develop awareness messaging on key peer support topics;
- Share experiences and best practices from the Parent to Parent network;
- Highlight family success stories.
The Data Committee convenes to strengthen data collection, aggregation, and analysis at the national level.
- Inventory existing data sources across member organizations;
- Identify any standards in use already, or define standards that should be used;
- Present what our aggregated data reveals and highlight the ways this data can be used in outreach, program development, and other activities.
The Development committee assumes the primary responsibility for raising funds to support the organization’s mission and efforts such as services to members, professional meetings, and outreach.
- Engage and cultivate potential and existing funding sources;
- Solicit and maintain sub-awards and partnerships;
- Provide support to staff efforts to secure unrestricted and activity funding.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee
The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Committee creates a safe place where diverse groups within the disability community can share resources, history, have conversations about inequalities, and educate others on their particular race or culture in order to build honest and trustworthy relationships.
Click on each task force below to learn more:
Leadership Institute Planning Committee (2023)
The Leadership Institute Planning Committee is responsible for the planning and execution of the biennial Leadership Institute.
- Develop program, including professional development and networking opportunities;
- Market the event;
- Solicit sponsorships.
The Membership Committee is responsible for overseeing program relations for new, emerging and established Alliance Members, P2P Partners, and Friends of P2P.
- Engage and cultivate relationships with existing member organizations;
- Manage communications for the organization’s members;
- Expand/grow membership.